Fred is a season 2 episode. In this episode, a flying saucer lands and F makes a new friend.
F sees E and T, who are in capital mode and look at the crash-landed flying saucer. F meets an alien. The alien says his name is Fred. F introduces him to E and T, who turn back into lowercase mode. F asks where Fred is from. F points to his home planet, which is far away from Alphaland. Fred wants to go home. F wants to fly him home, but he's too heavy. F has failed.
With all that fog, F mistakes N as Fred, and N refuses to take Fred home. Then, Fred turns into N. T brings the vowels to help them.
How will they bring Fred home?
FEN - Fred, F, T, and the vowels are in a fen.
FIN - F has a shark's fin on her head. They try to swim to Fred's home, but they can't reach.
FUN - F, U, and Fred bounce go high they can almost touch Fred's planet, but they can't.
FAN (star word) - F has a fan on her back. After counting down from 5 to 1, they blast off and fly to Fred's home. Fred is happy to meet his mum again.
- The numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are also used on the Number Aliens in UFO.
- A only says her sound in this episode.
- In the game version, she only says her sound as her solo line. After FEN is sounded out, both the female vowels, A and I, say "A boggy marsh."
- The only English words Fred knows is "Fred", "Fun", "Fin", "Fan", and "Mummy (or Mommy)".
- In the game version, T is the only moveable consonant. When you place T between F and N, they sound out the nonsense word FTN.